Tracking Down A. Whitney Brown

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Reporting From Glendale, California.

Because I've been attending this Asian-American theater conference this week, I've been thinking a lot about Asian Americans lately.... Hey, wait a minute—I think about Asian Americans every time I look in the mirror!

Which leads me to A. Whitney Brown. Whatever happened to A. Whitney Brown? He used to do very funny, very smart political commentary on Saturday Night Live; used to do stand-up regularly; and used to write hilarious essays, in which he would say things like:

"There are a billion people in China. It's not easy to be an individual in a crowd of more than a billion people. Think of it. More than a billion people. That means even if you're a one-in-a-million type of guy, there are still a thousand guys exactly like you."

A. Whitney Brown, A. Whitney Brown, where are you, A. Whitney Brown?

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. L. Keeler Said,

    that's amazing, I just googled that exact question. the man snuck away, didn't he?

     

  2. Let me know if you find him! Fond memories!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date