BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #21: Quality

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

I finally took a shower, and I smell like rose petals on a breezy summer's day. Smell me. SMELL ME!

I am wearing a yellow Paul Frank/Julius the Monkey T-shirt and Ben Sherman jeans. The Ben Shermans are my hundred dollar jeans. I decided a while back that I had to change my entire philosophy of clothes-buying. I always used to go for quantity rather than quality. I would try to stock my wardrobe with as many clothes as possible, which meant that the clothes were bought as cheaply as possible. And there’s a certain amount of quality that you sacrifice for the low price.

So now, I prefer to have fewer clothes of higher quality. It's all subjective of course, but I think I've done a pretty good job of only wearing the best for me, even though I do alternate between two pairs of jeans for now.

I do find bargains at vintage clothing stores, and the those old clothes look great great great. Hail Aaardvarks!

~~~~~

I'm listening to albums all day. Any recommendations? Oldies but goodies that I haven't heard? New stuff that I may not have gotten to yet? Bands that I don't know about? Bring it on! I can access them through my Rhapsody music service.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $383.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

5 Comments

  1. hey you, keep the 'thon going

     

  2. Ken Narasaki Said,

    Do you like Keane? The Shins? Death Cab (Love "Soul Meets Body)? How about the new Red Hot Chili Peppers? The Flaming Lips? Ever hear Jane's Addiction's cover of SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL? For oldies, you can't beat Elvis Costello. His newer ones, like WHEN I WAS CRUEL and ALL THIS USELESS BEAUTY are grrrrrreat!

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    what is pork chop doing right now.

     

  4. Serge: Thanks a bunch!

    Ken: Thanks for the tips. All This Useless Beauty is one of my favorite albums.

    Anonymous: Pork Chop saw an empty box that he wanted to lay on. He did and crushed the box.

     

  5. Grace Said,

    Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are my all time favorite band. Dear to my heart...

    And The Decemberists are pretty stupendous...

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date