BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #22: Strangeness

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

I have never seen a ghost. I have never been abducted by aliens. I have never succeeded in astral projection. In fact, I don't think I have ever experienced strange phenomenon, aside from the occasional "coincidences" and serendipitous events that pop into my life. And there was that one time a girl proposed marriage to me, but let's not keep rehashing the past.

But I do have a deep fascination in strange phenomenon, ever since I was a kid. I mean, who doesn't want to turn themselves invisible and sneak in the guys' locker room undetected? (Say it with me now, regular blog readers: "the slap-slap of dick.")

This interest has cropped up in my work many times: spontaneous combustion in Big Hunk o' Burnin' Love, aliens and UFOs in The Theory of Everything and Mysterious Skin, invisibility in Bee, and superpowers in The Fabulous Adventures of Captain Queer. I have two plays on the back burner, which will mark a return to strange territory if I ever end up writing them.


This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $383.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. ken Narasaki Said,

    Remind me to tell you about the time I thought I was being visited by aliens at night over a period of a few weeks...maybe I was having a slow-motion nervous breakdown that never quite pushed me over the edge, but I really thought SOMETHING was going on, and to this day, I'm not sure what it was..


  2. Ken Narasaki Said,

    back to music (and plays): Did you go see THE BLACK RIDER? Tom Waits' music from it is really creepy and compelling and cool...Tom Waits is great for when you really don't mind being depressed...


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date