BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #31: 15 Minutes

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

Next up is Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn in Charade, a classic spy film that I have never seen before. If I don't love it within the first 15 minutes, I'm shutting it off. That's all my tolerance level will allow these days. There are so many movies I want to see, and I can tell pretty much right away if I’m wasting my time. Too bad I’ve gone through entire relationships without the slightest bit of warning.

Incidentally, one of my favorite movies of all time is His Girl Friday. The banter between Grant and Rosalind Russell is so fast, furious, and hilarious that it takes repeated viewings to catch it all. And it never tires. I remember one time I watched that movie twice in a two day period, I love it so much.

Also, another one of my favorite movies is the highly underrated Coen Brothers comedy, The Hudsucker Proxy. Jennifer Jason Leigh does a marvelous job crossing Russell with Katherine Hepburn and comes up with a character that’s disarmingly charming. And the movie is about hula hoops! You cannot ask for more than that. Also, it’s a fine example of visual storytelling for aspiring screenwriters.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $383.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    God you must be tired. Why don't you just go to sleep? It's not like anyone's paying attention. You can just sleep for 45 minutes... Miss one entry. Then just post an extra one later. No one will notice. No one will notice. Sleep.

     

  2. tod Said,

    are you drunk?!

     

  3. Drunk?! No! The only thing I drink is juice. Man juice.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date