BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #37: Things You Love

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Sunday, July 30, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

On occasion, people ask me things. On occasion, I tell people things. This is something I tell them.

Sit down in a quiet place, and write down all the things you love to do. Make an exhaustive list. But don't write down things that you merely like. Choose things that truly bring you joy. Take your time with this. Don't pick things just because you think you ought to love doing them. Be honest. Dig back into your childhood also. What things did you love to do back then? Do you still love them now?

Look at your list. Ask yourself how many of those things on your list do you actually do every day. How about every week? Every month? How often do you participate in the activities that bring joy to your life? Very much? Not very much?

I suggest you start doing more of the things that you love to do more often. We are what we love. And if we do not embrace the things that we love to do on a regular basis, we cannot fully be who we are.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $383.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

7 Comments

  1. ken narasaki Said,

    nice!

     

  2. Nevin Said,

    that was your best blog by far. very deep and moving, makes you think.

    or it could've been that I just came back from watching Miami Vice (a deep, moving film it was not) and thus anything you had to say after seeing that film would seem life-altering by comparison.

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    I think you're losing it.

     

  4. I aim to alter lives, Nevin. Colin Farrell does not. Always remember that.

     

  5. Jesse Said,

    Miami Vice did you say?

    then you should read my blog, it has nothing to with charity, and has everything to do with snark film posts.

    http://writesthings.livejournal.com/

    Thanks Prince for letting me use your blog as a platform for getting more readers for myself!

     

  6. Anonymous: No, YOU ARE! YOU ARE!ARRRARRAGGGGHHHH!

     

  7. Jesse: I'm all for shameless self-promotion. I am the most shameless person I know. Why are you people still up?

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date