BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #5: Choose Your Own Childhood

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

Am I really doing this?

~~~~~

I'm hungry. But I'm too tired and sleepy to get up and get something to eat. So, instead, I sip water. Like a crack whore down at the bowery.

~~~~~

Speaking of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, remember those when you were a kid? I loved them and collected them. The idea of being able to co-create the story simply by choosing was very appealing—and, I suppose, empowering—to me. An early life lesson that we all truly do choose our own adventures every day. Of course, what we go through normally isn't as scary as some of those books. I recall some of those stories being terrifying. Like I would so identify with the characters in those stories that when something bad would happen to them I would be emotionally wrecked by it. Strong imaginations breed genius.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $335.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Utopia Said,

    Imagine if they had "Choose your own Adventure" books for adults. Those would rock.

     

  2. Ken Narasaki Said,

    Where, exactly, is the bowery?

     

  3. Oh my god, we could make MILLIONS selling Choose Your Own Erotic Adventures! I'm serious!

    ~~~~~

    And, Ken, YOU know where the bowery is.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date