BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #8: Sleep Is a Glorious Thing

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

Okay, so I'm only eight entries in, and I am already sleepy. I think I'm going to attempt naps in between entries. Don't worry. I have an alarm that's louder and more jarring than the apocalypse.

~~~~~

I don't know much about the history of Purple Rain, the movie, but it's weird; I saw half of it the other night. All the actors/musicians in it use their real names even though they're playing fictional characters. Like Appollonia comes on, and she's like, "I'm Appollonia." And it's like, "What?!" And then they're like, "Here's Morris Day and the Time." And it really is Morris Day and the Time. It's like metatheatrical and shit. Though it has some of the worst acting I have ever seen in a movie.

Prince, curiously enough and perhaps because of common human decency, is simply referred to as "the kid," maybe an early sign that he wouldn't stick with "Prince" throughout his career and life. I, on the other hand, have always stood by my name, no matter how many times kids in school kicked me for it. Think about that the next time you make fun of me.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $335.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

0 Comments



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date