Stick It Where the Sunshine Shines

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Sunday, August 06, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

I understand your enthusiasm for Little Miss Sunshine, Ken Berthel. But I have to ask: What word describes you best—"little," "miss," or "sunshine"? In fact, that's a question we should all ask ourselves. Me, I've got sunshine coming out of every orifice of my body.

Little Miss Sunshine is a damn good movie. Beautifully written and observed, flawlessly acted, and funny as hell. (And we all know how funny hell is.) The filmmakers take the shopworn road-film genre and breathe new life into it by fashioning a wry American comedy that is simultaneously reverent, brutal, and forgiving towards its characters.

Anyway, you all heard about Loren's music video assignment and his real-life VW bus debacle, but that's all in the past now because Loren is receiving raves for his mini music video for the film, set the terrific song "Coming Home" by The 88. The video was just posted on YouTube, so you have to go there to watch it and enjoy it. And please, if you're a YouTube member, rate it and leave comments on the YouTube site. In fact, you should become a free member expressly to rate the video and leave comments. Do it please. You will never know how great an impact this small act will have on the life of a boy who dreams of ponies and mansions (in that order).

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. thelastnoel Said,

    "I've got sunshine coming out of every orifice of my body." Should I comment? Nah. Too easy.


  2. Anonymous Said,

    I love googling my name to find I've been referenced (again) on Prince's blog.

    In your face, McCreigan!!

    Ken Berthel


  3. mc chicken Said,

    get a life you dumb ass


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date