Worldwide Domination

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Aside from the just-announced Jukebox Stories dates, Big Hunk o' Burnin' Love (the play that launched my theater "career", pictured, right) opens in Seattle on March 2, 2007, and Mysterious Skin has two performance dates on Macrh 8 and 9 in Liverpool. England. Where the age of consent is 16.

Big Hunk is being performed by the Pork Filled Players, a sketch-comedy troupe that's venturing out into full-length play territory. And Skin is being performed by students at The Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts, which the play's director refers to as "Paul McCartney's Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts." I'm not sure what that means. But it sure sounds important, doesn't it? With the Paul McCartney name backing them, I wonder if they can get Daniel Radcliffe to do a full-frontal cameo.

It has just occurred to me again that these plays I write have lives of their own. I really should get out of my apartment and just, on a whim, fly to Seattle and Liverpool. Where the age of consent is 16. Send me your frequent-flyer miles.

—Reporting From Glendale, California
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

0 Comments



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date