Take It Off!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Sunday, July 15, 2007
I've only seen one and a half Harry Potter movies, and that's all I need to know that that's all I need. Ever.

But when Gabriel called me on Saturday to ask me to help him earn his way into eternal geekdom, I agreed to go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix only because Daniel Radcliffe had recently and rather forcefully invaded my consciousness, in ways that I am embarrassed to admit.

So after an hour and fifteen minutes of boring wizard politics (I'm not kidding), the film did kind of win me over. I guess any time teenagers form an aggressive rebellion against the clueless adults, you can count me in. Throw in a warehouse full of exploding crystal balls, and I'll stay 'til the end. Just don't ask me to the next Harry Potter movie. I really don't care if Harry, Ron, and Hermione ever throw that ring into the fire, and I also don't care to see Harry turn into Darth Vader in the last movie or whatever it is that exactly happens in the series. Tell me he takes off his shirt, and then I'm willing to negotiate.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

9 Comments

  1. Nevin Said,

    You know, the kid is still underage.

     

  2. He turns 18 in 6 days.

    And he is not a kid. He is more of a man than you will ever be.

     

  3. Nevin Said,

    Pervert!!

     


  4. Quin Said,

    see him in eqqus.

     


  5. Nevin Said,

    Congrats. He's legal now. But you can still be sued for sexual misconduct with a minor.

     

  6. golfwidow Said,

    I'm catching up. So this is way late.

    There is a nude scene near the end of the final Harry Potter book, but I don't know if it'll make it into a film.

    That said, it's so incidental as to almost appear gratuitious. I almost think JK Rowling wrote it after she saw the ads for Equus and decided, well, he's lovely; let's try the monty.

     

  7. As you know, I am all for gratuitous nudity.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date