Almost a Muppet

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Seeing Labyrinth again last night also reminded me that I almost dropped out of college after my sophomore year at San Francisco State University because I was going to move to Los Angeles and muscle my way into an internship at Jim Henson's company. That's right! I was going to give up the writing to become a Muppet!

Well, I didn't have the guts to do it, but I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if had been a Muppet for the last 15 years. And, yes, I know some of you will argue that out of all the people you know I am the closest thing to a Muppet that you've ever met in real life. But I take that as a compliment.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Peter Varvel Said,

    That was also one of my original dreams as a younger person!
    The closest I got was auditioning for Sesame St. Live.
    I got a hug from Elmo backstage and I was ready to die happy.
    I want to become famous just so I can be a celebrity guest on Sesame St.

     

  2. Keep hope alive, I say.

     

  3. It's not too late...

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date