Dutch Watch: The Finnish Give the Dutch a Run for Their Money

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, August 21, 2007
It's sad to think that I will perhaps never ever create anything as unwittingly brilliant as this 1979 cover version of "Y.M.C.A.," sung by a Finnish dude in a garish exercise outfit. You may be horrified and want to turn it off, but at least wait for the amazing back-up dancers who come on 49 seconds into this clip:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. People, I can't stop watching this over and over. Help.


  2. Peter Varvel Said,

    That was REAL?!!
    That wasn't a Saturday Night Live sketch?

    The 'ography was so very Brady Kids inspired/ripped off!

    The second one from the left messes up at the very end, LOL.


  3. Quin Said,

    wow. i mean, just...wow.


  4. Richard Rothstein Said,

    This video scared me straight.


  5. golfwidow Said,

    I never knew wrong was available in so many different languages.


  6. I don't know what I love more. The outfits, the dance, the unironic keyboard player, everybody's serious expression...so much to love.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date