"U'll Get Ur Ass Kicked"

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, August 20, 2007
I've only skimmed through about 300 comments to my guest column, High School Musical 2: Chock Full of Gay, over on the AOL's QueerSighted blog, but it looks like the hits keep on coming. Here are a few more gems, some of which accuse me of ruining the lives of innocent children:

you know what! i think that whoever wrote this has no life! because your a grown butt man and ur watching disney channel.... it is a kids movie. its not aimed at dumb pervs like you!

ps-don't call us tweenyboopers. or u'll get ur ass kicked by a bunch of tweenyboopers. so shut the hell up.

omg! how dare you say such cruel things about this movie! yes you have freedom of speech but it doesn't mean that you have to write something so mean online you have no idea how many little hearts your breaking just because YOU didnt like it... if you didnt like it then that's your problem. not others! when my little sister read this article she was heartbroken and now she won't even come out of her room! thanks alot butt face!

In all fairness, there are some teens who get it, like this girl:

I was about 13 or 14 when the first high school musical came out and am 15 now...needless to say i would have called these two movies gayer than elton john and liberace holding hands at a john mayer concert. When i was 10 i would have seen this thing as the queer movie of a century, this movie can burn in hell :)

The odd thing is that all this vitriol is aimed at me, someone who actually liked High School Musical 2. In fact, I'm the one having to defend it from everybody I encounter.

Folks, if I end up dead in a ditch somewhere, remember to please investigate Rebecca Schoenkopf, Neil LaBute, Actors' Equity Association, and now tweenyboppers. (But don't call them that 'cuz they'll kill you too.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

17 Comments

  1. Peter Varvel Said,

    Obviously, you have incurred the wrath of a very powerful segment of our society, based on the amount of marketing/consumer dollars that get spent by them (or more accurately, their parents!).
    Your days are numbered, Gomolvilas!

    "gayer than elton john and liberace holding hands at a john mayer concert"--LOL, that made my day!

     

  2. Enrique Said,

    I love that YOU have managed to single-handedly ruin the masturbatory fantasies of an obviously large segment of the tweenbopper population. That takes serious skills.

     

  3. alissa Said,

    Prince - You are a damn genius. I personally have not been exposed to all of this High School Musical stuff - but since Loren came into my office and told me to visit your blog I am laughing so hard tears are coming to my eyes. Keep up the good work!! xo, alissa

     

  4. Diablo Said,

    AWESOME! You're so famous! I love that not one, but two of the selected hateful commenters used the word "butt" as an insult. Takes me back to the fourth grade!

    P.S. Thanks alot (sic) butt face.

     

  5. Well, *I* like High School Musical. And yeah -- it has a very apparent layer of gay -- chock full indeed! -- but anytime you get a group of very pretty individuals spontaneously breaking into song/dance, especially very enthusiastic song/dance, there's gonna be a layer of gay. There's no reason that should dissapoint or even surprise tweenage middle america and their hetero fantasies. Sheesh.

    PS: I'm a *straight* guy and I'd do Zac Efron. That doesn't make us pervs, it makes us HUMAN. The boy is hot.

     

  6. PS: that's the funniest damn article ever.

     

  7. Esther Said,

    I just randomly found your articles from AOL and that may have been the greatest discovery of my life.

     

  8. Thanks for you comments, everyone. And if there were ever any doubt, I LIKE being called "a grown butt man."

     

  9. I'm so curious to hear what Google Analytics has to say about your blog now...

     

  10. Wow, I started my new term in college and did not read your blog for a while and this is what happens. You managed to stir a legion of tweenboppers into plotting your death.

    I am soooo, very impressed Prince. Very impressed.

    Great article by the way, I laughed so much, my stomach hurts now.

    And I still dont get the fascination with Efron, he's waaay too pretty, but I guess thats why you like him.

     

  11. golfwidow Said,

    Who can watch a movie, a movie that he likes, review it with sarcasm and piss off all the tykes?

    The Dandy Man Can.

    (I almost used the word "litotes" instead of "sarcasm," but I'm never completely sure I'm using that word correctly. Which is a shame, because I love the word "litotes.")

     

  12. Although it is fun to piss of the tweens, it was never my intention. I'm studying them, remember?! I wanna be their hero!

    ("We don't need another hero"....)

     

  13. Cheryl Said,

    What amazed me about all the tweenyboppers' comments is that "gay" as a generic derogative is so alive and well (I guess things haven't changed much since the late '80s when I was in junior high). They all assumed that since you called the movie gay, you must be slamming it.

     

  14. Anonymous Said,

    YOU are Gay. NEed 2 get a life. HSM and HSM2 is not gay. I will kick yr ass u 40 year old creep. UR an ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE

     

  15. I'm actually a 34 year old creep. At least you got the creep part right.

     

  16. kira Said,

    wow these little tweenyboppers are soooooo sensitive they should get a life cause its JUST a movie. a stupid little movie. i love the opinions you have.

     

  17. Anonymous Said,

    hahahaha..these are soo funny. i guess i'm what you could call a 'tween' but i find this whole thing hilarious. i have no idea why everyone is so sensative (or however you spell it) about some stupid little movie. it really doesn't matter that much but reading everyones comments yelling at you is just great..mostly because it doesn't even matter. haha good job.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date