The Order in Disorder

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Showtime is moving forward with The United States of Tara (great title, by the way), a sitcom written and produced by Diablo Cody. The series, about a mother with multiple personality disorder, is based on an idea by Steven Spielberg, which means I am now two degrees separated from Jonathan Ke Quan, my generation's Asian-American childhood hero. "You call him Dr. Jones, doll!" Life progresses, and I move closer and closer towards my modest dreams.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Lisa Thong Said,

    Exciting news about Star Trek. However, I looked at the Wikipedia entry for Jonathan Ke Quan and I take offense to him being called Vietnamese American since he speaks CANTONESE, MANDARIN, and ENGLISH!! No Vietnamese language skills whatsoever. Obviously, he is Chinese American FROM Vietnam. And if I could figure out how to fix the darned Wikipedia entry, I would change it! Anyway, that's my little rant...


  2. Damn that Wikipedia! We need more Asian bruthas and sistahs to police that thing!

    Lisa, if you confirm this or can source it, I'll make the correction.

    (But it's actually really easy to do if you want to do it yourself--just hit the edit link and type away. See how dangerously easy it is?


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date