"You Play the Perfect Little Faggot"

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, August 24, 2007
Last night we were rehearsing Laundromat, the short film I'm in, at the location we'll actually be shooting at. We ran our lines and blocked out scenes while patrons did their laundry and tried to ignore us.

Halfway through the evening, a big guy in a wheelchair rolled up to me politely and said, "You play the perfect little faggot!"

We all kind of froze, unsure of how to respond. After all, he meant that as a compliment.

What I wanted to say back was, "You play the perfect fat homophobic crippled bastard." ...But Thai people are a kind and gentle people. So I said, "Thank you," and he rolled away.

I actually have no additional commentary about this. Just: This is America.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

6 Comments

  1. Enrique Said,

    At least he didn't tag on "Five dolla suckee suckkee" to the end of that.

    Just keeping it in perspective.

     

  2. Peter Varvel Said,

    Maybe he didn't mean it pejoratively, like your liberal use of the word 'whore.'

     

  3. golfwidow Said,

    You should have put on your best butch voice and said, "Yo, thanks, bra." Not for any reason other than that it would have amused me.

     

  4. Diablo Said,

    I think we can all agree that there were SO many opportunities for delicious comebacks there...nice display of willpower and/or Thai gentility!

     

  5. Quin Said,

    i can't think of a thing to say...i'm laughing too hard

     

  6. I forgot to write that what I objected to was the use of the word "play." Who's playing? This is me! Oh snap!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date