I Almost Have to Puke at How Cute This Is

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, September 18, 2007
A baby macaque monkey was abandoned by its mother on Neilingding Island in China and was very close to death when it was rescued and nurtured back to health by an animal sanctuary. However, the poor monkey seemed to have a crushed spirit that could not be revived—until it bonded with a white pigeon. This is so goddamn cute that I seriously almost have to throw up:

Daily Mail
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Cheryl Said,

    I love this story and picture so much that I feel a weird need to preemptively discourage other commenters from making rats-with-wings jokes. I guess I'm feeling my own inter-species nurturing tendencies.


  2. Diablo Cody Said,

    I see that as ebola snuggling with bird flu.

    KIDDING! Ridiculously, absurdly, vomitously cute. Also, the word "macaque" is always hilarious.

    Usage: "'Up Periscope' is about macaque."


  3. golfwidow Said,

    I want to make candy jokes about Dove chocolate and Rhesus peanut butter.

    But I shall refrain.


  4. Quin Said,

    seriously, i want a hawk or some shark to leap up and eat them.

    and i'm a loving mother.


  5. Peter Varvel Said,

    'rats-with-wings jokes?'

    Flying monkeys as offspring, anyone?

    "Fly, my pretties!"


  6. Such a range of reactions to this picture, from loving sweetness to unbridled rage. I prefer loving rage.


  7. Quin Said,

    not a segue in sight, but, here goes

    i'm watching high school musical 2

    for the first time.

    i felt it would make me appreciate the monkey and seagull photo more.

    oh, wait... look, a segue!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date