"It's Britney, Bitch"

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, September 11, 2007
"It's Britney, bitch" may be the three greatest opening words in any song ever, but I've pretty much avoided Britney Spears's new single, "Gimme More," because, as you know, I am very concerned about my street cred. And after the High School Musical brouhaha, I can't afford to lose anymore. But, man, that song (produced by Timbaland mentee Nate ''Danjahandz'' Hills) is infectious, with its hypnotizing club drone, meant to soothe you into sweet submission.

Britney performed a version of the song (which includes a "you lookin' for trouble?" preamble) at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards. She may do the worst lip-syncing job in lip-syncing history, she may lumber around stage like a winded pre-schooler, and she may look like she's drowning in the musical number's pole-dancing excess, but I can't stop answering my phone, "It's Britney, bitch."

I'm rooting for a comeback.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. golfwidow Said,

    I'd rather see someone else come back as Britney than see Britney come back at all.

    Which I guess equates to my rooting for a goaway.


  2. Nevin Said,

    She's still hot as hell. If that's "out of shape" then our standards for female physiques in America have gotten too high.


  3. Nevin, Britney Spears does not read this blog. You are not impressing her.


  4. Man I love Britney, I rooting for her comeback, of course I am. I own all her CDs and some of her Britney-specials on DVD and not ashamed to admit it.

    But damn, that VMA performance is painful to watch. The woman was drunk, clearly. The fact that she did not fall flat on her ass should be applaud, I mean when you're drunk and wearing those heels and try to dance and fall on your ass, thats a feat.

    Still very embarassing though....


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date