Meme Madness

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, September 20, 2007
For the love of Christ, I hate getting tagged with a meme. It always feels like I've been handed a homework assignment, and you know how much I hated school. ("How much did you hate school, Prince?") If you look at my profile or read my bio on my main website, you'll notice how there is no mention that I went to college. Yes, indeed, I went to San Francisco State University for seven years, earning my BA in Film and MFA in Playwriting, but I hold such a grudge against those bastards that I've practically disowned them. Okay, well, not really, because I still have SFSU friends and such, but, c'mon, they still owe me prize money from a 1995 playwriting contest I won! And when it comes to playwrights and monies not paid, we never ever forget. As you can see, I hold petty grudges, so never wrong me, motherfuckers!

Anyway, playwright Tim Bauer tagged me with this meme on his blog:

Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It’s not really bragging, it’s an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you’d like to see share their strengths.

So I left a vague comment suggesting that I might not do it, so I didn't—but Tim threatened that if I broke the chain it would mean certain death. (Something about Biggie Smalls and a cap in the ass.)

Then, Isaac Butler, whose Parabasis blog is a clearinghouse for all things theater-related (though I most enjoy the entries about his hair), tagged me too.

This is virtually a meme gangbang!

So, fine, my five strengths as a writer/artist:

1. I'm fucking hilarious!

2. I'm great at titling things.

3. I write fantastic endings.

4. I have a good ear for dialogue.

5. I have a strong sense of compassion.

I'm not tagging anybody because I don't want to participate in the gangbang. But feel free to gangbang yourself.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. Marisela Said,

    I completely agree with #1. I often start laughing here at work and have to explain to my coworker why. It's because Prince is one of the funniest writers I know. And on a regular basis I'm laughing.

     




Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date