Hippie Power

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, October 22, 2007
I saw the really beautiful production of Ken Narasaki's lyrical Innocent When You Dream yesterday, but that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about hippies.

The play is being performed (until October 28—with an extra show added Sunday night) in Venice, California, at the Electric Lodge, which happens to be the first performing arts venue run entirely on solar power. Yes, that's right! There are hippie-ish solar panels on the roof, drawing so much power that the facility sells electricity back to the grid daily (whatever the hell that means).

I have to admit that this is pretty cool, and I spent this morning trying to think of new uses for solar power, but even my brilliant idea of a solar vibrator has already been taken. Perfect for that camping trip!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date