Music to Die By

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Sunday, November 04, 2007
Seeing Wristcutters and grooving to its soundtrack reminded me of how fun Gogol Bordello is.

This first clip is by a YouTuber who made a simple slideshow underscored by "Through the Roof 'n' Underground," a song prominently featured in the movie:



This next clip is the music video for my favorite Gogol Bordello song, "Start Wearing Purple," which I first heard during the end credits of Liev Schreiber's funny and moving Everything Is Illuminated:



This final clip is a video somebody made using Tom Waits's beautiful "Dead and Lovely," which played over Wristcutters' opening credits:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. diana Said,

    I saw Gogol Bordello live at the Fillmore at the end of August.

    IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING. And really loud. But TOTALLY awesome!

     

  2. I'll check them out next time. I hear they're very theatrical.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date