My People

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, November 07, 2007
This Thai commercial may be advertising light bulbs, but its insight into the culture of my people is surprisingly accurate:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Marisela Said,

    What the hell! That was crazy funny.


  2. Cheryl Said,

    Your people are awesome.


  3. WOW!! Whoever that came up with the concept is a genius.

    Oh btw, I found it interesting that some of the ghost that were mentioned there are same/similar to Malaysian folklore ghosts as well.

    Kra-Sue is 'Penaggal' in Malay and feeds on pregnant women blood...or something like that. I'm not sure. We too have the Banana ghost and the tall ghost.


  4. I told Loren those ghosts were really a part of Thai folklore. He was like, "No fucking way."

    ...Way. Especially the transvestite.


  5. thelastnoel Said,

    This explains your skittish nature. You were scared to death since childhood.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date