A World Without "24"; Or, Can I Punch You?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, November 09, 2007
I finally saw the unbelievably entertaining trailer for the seventh season of 24—ironically on the same day that Fox announced that, due to the WGA writers' strike, the show's January premiere will be delayed "to ensure that 'Day 7' can air uninterrupted, in its entirety." You know how much I adore 24, so you can imagine how much I want to punch things. I feel so cockteased right now that I could kick a puppy.

Curiously, I've not chimed in about this writers' strike because I actually don't have any strong opinions on the matter. Can I please please please be ambivalent about the whole thing? Am I allowed? Please? On the one hand, yes, I obviously sympathize with writers because I am one and I know the studio fat cats would not suffer if they caved in to the WGA's modest demands; on the other hand, I have this ingrained notion of unions and strikes as bastions of blue-collar solidarity and the WGA (of which I am currently not a member) has always seemed like part of "the establishment" to me. So I hope you allow me to remain conflicted. Look, I just want everyone to be happy—is that so goddamn wrong? Let's resolve this mofo, so I can go back to watching my stories.

THE FOLLOWING 24 TRAILER CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS. WHEN I LEARNED ABOUT THE SPOILERS SOME MONTHS AGO, I WAS INFURIATED AND CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION TO THE 24 BLOG. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

[NEW NOTE, 11:13AM: LOREN JUST CALLED ME TO YELL AT ME FOR POSTING THIS, DEMANDING THAT I TAKE IT DOWN BECAUSE IT GIVES AWAY TOO MUCH. SO I AM WARNING YOU AGAIN. IF YOU ARE 24 FAN AND DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, DO NOT WATCH THIS!]

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Susan Said,

    Let's resolve this mofo, so I can go back to watching my stories.

    Prince, my grandmother was the only person I ever knew who called tv shows her "stories". I am concerned. I know it's hard, but you can make up some new stories because you are a writer. Feel better.

     

  2. I'm going to have to create a new playtime game with Pork Chop: "Kitty 24." I'll run around the house with Pork Chop in my arms, pretending he's a nuclear bomb I have to diffuse.

     

  3. :-) Said,

    GAAAH...I had to watch the trailer. Just had to. You made it sound to good. I never would have believed it any other way. My GOD! This strike needs to be over with NOW. Haven't we suffered enough?

    *kicks cat*

    xo

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date