A World Without "The Goonies" Sequel; Or, Can I Punch You?, Part 2

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Sunday, November 11, 2007
Sean Astin's recent claim that a sequel to The Goonies was "an absolute certainty" may now be dead. Director Richard Donner has been in talks with Warner Brothers to create a Goonies musical. Say what?! Can you imagine the "Truffle Shuffle" as a full-blown musical number? A Sloth serenade? A ballad about Chester Copperpot? I'm not even morbidly curious, and most things make me morbidly curious.

So, according to Donner, WB is far more enthusiastic about a singing-and-dancing Broadway Goonies than a sequel. Save us, Cyndi Lauper; you're our only hope.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

1 Comment

  1. Marisela Said,

    I tried to post earlier...but I guess my comment didn't make it.

    Here's was the essential message of the original post:

    Save the Goondocks!

    From horribly written musical numbers.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date