Leave It to the Koreans

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, December 13, 2007
From AFP:

South Korean scientists have cloned cats by manipulating a fluorescent protein gene, a procedure which could help develop treatments for human genetic diseases, officials said Wednesday.

In a side-effect, the cloned cats glow in the dark when exposed to ultraviolet beams.

Wait, wait.... WHAT?!

I don't care if these experiments may eventually cure human diseases. Making glow-in-the-dark cats? You just don't do that!

[Thanks to Peter for sending me this.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Cheryl Said,

    Does this mean Rudolph with his nose so bright will start complaining about foreigners taking all the good North Pole jobs?


  2. golfwidow Said,

    I love a glowing cat. One less howling mad creature to shred my leg if I trip on the way to the loo at 3 am.


  3. read the book "NEXT"



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date