A Day Without Brandon Patton; Or, Dancing Movies Please

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Amy Said,

    First High School Musical, now dancing movies. Ah Prince, will you be my bff?


  2. Get in line, honey! :)


  3. Quin Browne Said,

    my favourite dancing film (i'm hooked on them) is 'strictly ballroom'

    i lurves it.


  4. I still think the best dancing ever captured in a cinematic film is Marine Jahan's work as Jennifer Beal's double in Flashdance. Also all the breaker stuff from around that time (early 80's), especially Wildstyle. That movie rocks, totally lo-fi DIY, and capturing some of the greats of the early HipHop scene. Also, check out the recent doc. The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy.


  5. Thanks for the suggestions, QB & TBDA. I will definitely check those out. I love dancing films, but by no means am I an expert. But with those, I will be well on my way.


  6. Peter Varvel Said,

    Fame, Flashdance (yes!), A Chorus Line, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Strictly Ballroom (yes, YES!), All That Jazz, and on and on . . .

    How quickly I've become Old School, but one of the more recent and decent dance flicks was Center Stage.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date