More on Sports

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, February 08, 2008
Speaking of football, let's revisit a previous blog entry that details my early relationship to the sport. Shall we reminisce?

~~~~~

Maybe Sports Will Make Him Not Gay
July 29, 2006

My mom...enrolled me in a sports league during my middle school years, where we played soccer, baseball, and football. FOOTBALL. Not touch football. But TACKLE FOOTBALL. Christ. LOOK AT ME. I WEIGH 50 POUNDS. This was perhaps a subconscious preemptive strike against any possible sexual deviance that may have been lying dormant inside me, just waiting to spring forward ferociously. Like a crack whore down at the bowery.

I remember getting tackled a lot. But my greatest and most painful injury was during football practice when some kid gave be a head butt (was his name Zidane?), which resulted in a bump on my forehead that swelled to the size of a Third World nation.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date