Nerd, Part 2

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, March 07, 2008
A couple years ago right here on this blog, we established that Brandon Patton is a nerd. Well, last night at the Albany Bowl, Brandon re-staked his claim to nerd-dom.

The situation: Brandon looks at Cheshire's wedding ring (Cheshire is Impact Theatre's managing director) and carefully observes the strange characters on it.

The conversation:

BRANDON (sincerely): What is that? Are those Hobbit letters?

(Pause.)


CHESHIRE: It's Hebrew.

I rest my case.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

12 Comments

  1. Sam Said,

    Now, see, if he'd said Sindarin, that would just have been classy.

     

  2. Madley Said,

    WAHHHHHH! That's funny! You go, Brandon!

     

  3. I believe the lettering that looks hebriac in The Hobbit was Elvish and interestingly enough could only be read when the moon was in the same phase as when it was written. That alphabet was loosely based on the British Runic alphabet known as the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc dating from around the 5th century AD.
    Just a little nerdishness for ya'.

     

  4. Solia Jacobs Said,

    wow, brandon. just...wow.

     

  5. Peter Varvel Said,

    Bless his lil' Gentile heart!

     

  6. Ahahahhaahhaha!! So cute!!

     

  7. One Ring to rule them all...

     

  8. jeff Said,

    Well, if you're named after the cat from Alice in Wonderland, is it really a huge leap to think you'd embrace other fictional fantasy elements into your life?

     

  9. Marisela Said,

    Oh My gosh!!!

    I just screamed with laughter so loud I think I scared my neighbor.

    I'm definitely coming to a show again, if only to bask in Bradon's nerdness.

     

  10. Marisela Said,

    Brandon...that's Brandon with an "n"...obviously I can't spell when I'm laughing.

     

  11. I can't believe how many people have delighted in Brandon's nerdiness. I should make fun of other people more often!

     

  12. Rowdeezy Said,

    The Albany Bowl!!!... awesome. That place is a Hot Mess. lol!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date