Skin-Softening Savior?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, March 17, 2008
I took a little break from my San Francisco slumming by spending the weekend in the Berkeley area, sleeping over at Rica and Paul's house. They have a fluffy cat named Dougal, whom I petted so much that he tried to scratch the shit out of me and he actually drew blood. On my night stand, they placed English toffee and a bottle of bacon salt. And they have in their bathroom a container of Lush Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion—the description on the container reads (I'm not kidding): "smooth, creamy, skin-softening cocoa butter and almond oil lotion with a scent that makes life worth living." Thank god that lotion was there because all week I was thinking to myself, "You know what? Life is not worth living. I wish there existed a hand lotion that would make me feel differently." Then, wah-la! Lush Charity Pot! (But seriously, folks, the lotion wasn't that good. It's just lotion, for Christ's sake.)

I had a crapload of work to do this weekend, so I spent a lot of time at the People's Cafe and Long Life Vegi House. And I ended up spending four nights in a row at Au Coquelet: with Brandon and his friends one night, where they all convinced me to attend an all-night, lock-in rave next week (yes, I'm actually going); with just Brandon one night, where he wanted to play a depressing game of "worst-case scenario" in regard to his life; with Marisela, Nakissa, and Michael one night, where we talked about horror movies and Space Truckers; and with Read and some high school kids one night, where I discovered that I am unable to corrupt them because they are already corrupted.

I'm going to go rub some lotion into my skin now.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. michael_karo Said,

    can't make it to the open mic tonight :( but i'll be in SF tomorrow for heim's thingy...i'm bringing you a treat!


  2. Isaac Said,

    We are indeed corrupted. Oh so much. That sounds like a blast- I'm so jealous!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date