Will the Other Prince Beat Me Up If I Show Up in His Hometown of Minneapolis?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Through no effort of my own, I somehow ended up slated to be a part of the 2nd Asian American Theater Conference, which is taking place this June in Minneapolis. Within the past couple of weeks, I received unexpected e-mails telling me that I was being flown out to be a part of a panel on funny playwrights (apparently, I am a playwright, and I am funny) and to have a staged reading of a play of mine. I suppose I should not put out effort more often—more things would happen in my life.

Since I'm going to be out there, Brandon thinks we should set up a Jukebox Stories gig. He can draw a few fans out that way, and I think I have a handful of Minnesota readers—is that true? Is it? Will you come see my show and spank my ass?! Will you?! Your comments here will determine if we have a big enough Minneapolis draw. Otherwise, I'm going to the movies instead.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. LAP Said,

    If you do a Jukebox Stories show, I will feel like I won a contest- and run around in circles whooping.

    YAY! YAY! YAY!


  2. Carrie Said,

    That would be awesome! After all, I guessed your fav hair product, so we're practically best friends right?


  3. Jon Hunt Said,

    I'll FLY BACK TO MINNEAPOLIS to see it.


  4. Jon Hunt Said,

    Bryant Lake Bowl. That's where you need to set it up, btw. Hip uptown eatery, bowling alley, and experimental playhouse.


  5. Solia Jacobs Said,

    yaya! i got my ticket for the show in my mailbox this morning. AWESOME post-drama final discovery. :)


  6. Blau Said,

    Oh, God yes I would go see you. :) Just tell me how much tickets are and when the show is.


  7. Deb. Said,

    I'll be there, and I'll smuggle in my 26.4 pound kitty in case you're still missing Pork Chop. Come to Minneapolis.


  8. Jess Said,



  9. Jessica Said,

    Yes Yes Yes! I will definitely go. I agree with Jonny...Bryant Lake Bowl for sure.


  10. All right, Minneapolis, I'll see what I can do. If you don't show up, I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND HUMP YOUR PILLOWS. (Wait a minute--some of you might like that. So, no, I won't.)


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date