I'm Stronger Than I Look

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, April 11, 2008
Remember when I tried to corner Nick Lowe at a concert last year but was wholly unsuccessful because of an unsympathetic bouncer? Well, tonight I get another shot. Mr. Lowe is performing at the truly awesome El Rey in Los Angeles, in support of the re-release of his 1978 debut album, Jesus of Cool. ("Nutted by Reality," "Marie Provost," "Little Hitler," anyone? Anyone?) And I am mentally prepared to do whatever I have to in order to have brief conversation with Mr. Lowe and continue to fulfill my destiny as a minor-celebrity stalker. After all, he doesn't come to the States often (he's only been in L.A. twice in the last dozen years), so I must embrace this opportunity.

Mr. Lowe will no doubt also perform songs from last year's excellent At My Age, including the following acerbic ditty, "I Trained Her to Love Me." I mean, how awesome is that?! The song is called "I Trained Her to Love Me," folks! Brilliant (and, yes, that's the Heartbreakers' Benmont Tench on keyboard):

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

1 Comment

  1. LAP Said,

    I love Nick Lowe (and Dave Edmunds too)- good luck with your stalking!!!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date