What Have I Done to Deserve This?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Oh. My. God. I am sitting outside at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto (an outdoor mall) right now, and I am watching a hot young Abercrombie & Fitch employee interview a hot young Abercrombie & Fitch job applicant. The power dynamic is seriously erotic.

The job applicant is well-groomed and wearing an A&F sweatshirt in order to show company solidarity, and the employee is wearing shorts and sandals in order to give off this air of casual, rebellious authority.

No doubt, both of them have worked in retail enough to know the importance of eye contact, so what fun it is to watch them gaze into each other's eyes. Since my life is all about wish fulfillment, there's the slight possibility that they will kiss, so I'm going to wait it out and see what happens.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Peter Varvel Said,

    MUST you torture yourself with such desperate and unrequited voyeuristic lust?
    (I know I always do!)


  2. diana Said,

    OH MY GOD! When I worked at the Booth last summer, A&F did a whole TRAINING SESSION on the steps outside! It was like a whole Greek system had taken residence in Union Square for a few hours.

    And I think every guy was wearing a pukka shell necklace.

    I'm totally sending you the article I read about the founder of A&F. If I can find it. He's WEIRD.


  3. theMaykazine Said,

    I used to work at the Mac store there. Much more untapped potential with intelligence to boot. As an Asian female employee with an unpimpled face, lemme just say I felt like the belle of the ball every shift.

    Also, I just watched HSM the Musical. (My friend won tickets.) Believe it or not, I haven't seen the movie, but make no mistake, Ryan is gayer than the fellow dance majors of my graduating class.


  4. PETER, SOLIA, and DIANA, I apologize for being SO predicatble, but A&F bois are HAWT!

    THE MAYKAYZINE, intelligence is WAY overrated. And now that you've seen HSM on stage, you know I always speak the truth!


  5. thelastnoel Said,

    Was it really erotic? Or were you making this all up in your sick, twisted, Thai head@


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date