$15 Million for an Ejaculating Cowboy

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, May 16, 2008
The New York Times was all abuzz over the $86.3 million sale of a triptych by Francis Bacon at a Sotheby's auction on Wednesday. I really don't give a crap because I don't even know what the hell a triptych is, and I'm too disinterested to type W-I-K-I-P-E-D-I-A into my address bar.

What's wrong with you, New York Times? Buried eight paragraphs down in the article is the announcement that Takashi Murakami's "My Lonesome Cowboy" sculpture sold for $15.1 million. The piece is an anime-style cowboy, fully naked, fully erect, and ejaculating a geyser of sperm into the air and over his head—a cloud of love juice in the sky. Now that's art.

View the sculpture here, pervs.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Quin Browne Said,

    triptych-

    three carved panels which are hinged together and folded.

     

  2. Solia Jacobs Said,

    I saw that when we went to the MOCA in LA. It was really awkward because that was the first sculpture upon entering the museum.

     

  3. Quin Browne Said,

    i gave to the kids.


    now, because you continually insult the artist i appreciate, while i never say a word about ZAC, you are tagged.

    fucking go look and write something.


    hrumph.

    h8r



    ps i was giggling so hard, i couldn't type the stupid security word

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date