Pork? Beans? Hell yeah!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, May 23, 2008
So many songs from Weezer's new "red" album have already been leaked (the official release date is June 3, 2008), but Rivers and crew have finally taken it upon themselves to post the "Pork and Beans" music video, a YouTube-themed extravaganza of visual and aural delights:



For those haters (I know who you are) who have been crying for years, "Weezer hasn't made a good record since the blue album," and who practically shit themselves in disgust when they first heard "Beverly Hills," GET OVER IT! It takes real genius to create something as unabashedly infectious as "Beverly Hills," and Weezer's best album is actually 1996's flawless Pinkerton—derided by "fans" upon its release and only enjoying a sort of renaissance in recent years. "Across the Sea," anyone? It's one of my favorite songs of all time, so much so that I've even found a way to "teach" it in my playwriting workshops. I'm a tricky one:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

5 Comments

  1. Brash Lion Said,

    Oh hell yes. "Why Bother?", "Pink Triangle" and "The Good Life"??? Pinkerton rules. Thanks for reminding me. I'm onna go listen tonight.

     

  2. Cheryl Said,

    Wow, I seriously thought "Beverly Hills" was a Good Charlotte song. I kind of like it better knowing that it's Weezer. Maybe it's not fair to assume that Good Charlotte is incapable of irony and that Weezer is inherently being ironic. But that's what I assume.

     

  3. Alan Goy Said,

    Wow. That's like the best video ever, after Buddy Holly.

     

  4. PINKERTON, everybody! PINKERTON!

     

  5. LAP Said,

    "I'm the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Theme)" seriously saved me during the last week of my job search.

    I just like Weezer, and since they often remind me of the modern Beach Boys, I sort of just figure "Beverly Hills" is their "Little Deuce Coupe" or "California Girls"..

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date