Ferry Fairy

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, June 16, 2008
When I'm not at Kellie's in Brooklyn, I'm at Brandon's new place on Staten Island. I nearly crapped my pants in excitement when I discovered that the Staten Island Ferry, henceforth referred to as "The Glorious Staten Island Ferry," is free to ride. Did you hear that?! FREE! TO RIDE! That's amazing! I could ride that motherfucker back and forth all day and all night long! And I could eavesdrop on conversations like this one, between a guy with a thick New York accent and his girlfriend (read this dialogue aloud with the accent please):

GUY: I got some bad news and some good news.

GIRL: What?


GUY: Bad news is, we gotta get up at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

GIRL
(upset): What?!

GUY: I gotta be out the door by 7:45.


GIRL: Babe!


GUY: You want the good news?


GIRL: What?


GUY
(pointing to himself): You get to wake up to this face!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

6 Comments

  1. LAP Said,

    I love the Staten Island Ferry- the first time I visited New York I stayed with my friend who owns the comic store Jim Hanley's Universe and I fell totally in love with taking the ferry back and forth. I like Staten Island too, because it seems like a suburb of Minneapolis only across the river from Manhattan.

     

  2. Marisela Said,

    "You get to wake up to this face."

    Awesome!

     

  3. Madley Said,

    ROTFLMAO!!!

    I miss NY...

     

  4. Quin Browne Said,

    now you know why i go on so much about the ferry... and why i'll miss it so much.

    not only the ride, that i usually do outside, but, the best eavesdropping location in nyc.

     

  5. Anonymous Said,

    "You get to wake up to this face" is only valid if he was an attractive man. Was he, I wonder?

     




Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date