Hell

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, June 09, 2008
I arrived in New York today, just in time for the most physically and psychologically debilitating heat wave I've experienced in about a year or so. When temperatures get to be this hot and things get to be this humid, I become barely functional, so much so that I don't even think about sex. And if you know me, you know that's INSANE!

I intended to get some work done today, call friends, go places. But I mainly wandered around Brooklyn and Manhattan in a daze, ducked into stores and movie theaters, and rode the subway back and forth—I was so exhausted from simply existing that I kept falling asleep on the train and the side of my face repeatedly banged against the railing. I probably have a bruise on my face, but I don't even care how I look. And if you know me, you know that's not only INSANE but also a severe compromise of my very IDENTITY!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. Peter Varvel Said,

    Well, at least one part of your body was banging repeatedly against something hard.
    . . . sorry, couldn't resist.

     

  2. Quin Browne Said,

    it is horrible here right now.

    i went outside to pick up my mail, and actually became ill from the heat.



    god bless air conditioning.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date