Why You Should Love Erykah Badu

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, June 27, 2008
I don't think I've ever heard any of Erykah Badu's music, but I love her simply for the following interview she did, in which she gives an amusingly wry description of how to make it in the music business:

[Thanks to Peter of Plastic Bubble World for sending me this.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Ashley! Said,

    You mean to tell me you bailed early yesterday to come and blog about Erykah Badu?!! If only you would've stuck around a bit longer we probably would've engaged in the best conversation of our lives.

    I can't say I don't admire your devotion to your readership. It's touching.


  2. Ashley, if I had stayed longer, you would have realized that my blogging persona and my real persona are two different things. The illusion would've been shattered, and you would've never read my blog again. And I'm a whore for high blog stats. You know that. You read my blog.


  3. michael_karo Said,

    a whole 'nother scalp...that's hot.

    you need go go watch her song "tyrone". it's the best kick-him-to-the-curb song ever.

    i liked her better when she had 3 foot tall hair wrapped in a giant african doo-rag.

    i covet that chair she's sitting in.

    speaking of big hair, HERE is a song i made the other night with garageband on my new imac. i'm a funky white boy. word.


  4. Cheryl Said,

    I wonder if the butt-naked-with-a-beeper can bring about literary success too. Now I just need to get my novel down to under four minutes....


  5. Michael, damn, honky, that song IS funky!

    Cheryl, follow her advice and success will be yours!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date