Bright Eyes Minus Bright Eyes! Free Free Free! Now Now Now!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst's new solo album doesn't come out for another two weeks, but that self-titled album can be streamed for free right now from here or from here or on Rhapsody! Holy shit, son, that's marketing savvy that rewards people like me, who occasionally has nonsensical conversations about Bright Eyes (here and here, for example).

I've been listening to it over and over again since yesterday (along with the Xanadu soundtrack), and it's one of his folk-tinged efforts as opposed to his experimental head-scratchers. He seems to have ditched the showboating of Lifted and Cassadaga (I actually liked the showboating and indulgence of those two records, don't get me wrong) and went a more introspective, restrained route, a la I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, with most of the songs here actually clocking in at under 5 minutes each!

Let's see. My favorite track today (it'll change) is "Moab." Click here, and play track #8 now. Right now!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. patrick Said,

    It's a birthday party!
    We love you very very very very very very much!


  2. Ha ha, Patrick, I love his delivery in that opening section. He's all kinds of awesomeness!


  3. •VJESCI• Said,

    .colour me interested though I personally doubt it will trump digital ash as my favourite creation from the o-burst.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date