By the Way, My Mother's a Republican

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, August 30, 2008
Lest you think Bamboo Nation's seemingly "liberal agenda" serves to undercut conservative readers and weed out the Republicans, I just wanted to point out that my own mother may call herself an Independent but she's actually as Red State as they come. She voted for George Bush twice, and the only reason she's going to vote at all in this election is because Sarah Palin was chosen as the Republican Vice Presidential nominee. So my mom's now willing to back John McCain.

It's not that I don't sometimes feel compelled to beat some sense in to her, but I'm not quick to villify a whole class of people. I mean, what would that say about my lineage?

Put simply, all are welcome here (no matter what I try to do to get rid of you, what, with all those half-naked man pics I post and all.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

4 Comments

  1. Sterling Said,

    Oh Matthew Mitcham

     

  2. jterry Said,

    My mother is also a republican, and I've avoided speaking to her since the Sarah Palin Saga began, for fear of what senseless dribble she might utter (my mother, not Palin).

    That said, I continue to want to lick Matthew Mitcham all over.

    Repeatedly.

    Forever.

     

  3. Peter Varvel Said,

    Could you repeat that, please?
    I couldn't hear you over the roar of my raging hard-on.

     




Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date