Drunk Sooner

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, August 21, 2008
More than 100 college and university presidents across the country have rallied together to get the national drinking age lowered from 21 to 18, saying it will cut down on binge drinking and reduce the fear of retaliation in the event of alcohol-influenced emergencies. Opponents say that a lower drinking age will increase the number of drunk-driving deaths.

I personally don't push for any kind of moral imperative here. All I know is, if the drinking age had been 18 earlier this year, it would've been perfectly okay for me to liquor up the backstage crew during the Berkeley run of Jukebox Stories, which means I could've gotten the "barely legal" to be "legally drunk." I'll let you fill in the rest of the story.

And you? Take this poll:


Click here to take this poll if you can't see the poll box above.

[The accompanying pic comes via Proceed at Your Own Risk.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. thelastnoel Said,

    Prince, you are a respected theatre artist. It concerns me when you talk about getting teenagers drunk at one of your plays. My goodness, man!

     

  2. Oh, yes, Noel Alumit, taking the moral high ground.

    AS IF.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date