Gay Aiken! (This Is News?)

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look, even those with broken gaydar always knew Clay Aiken was as queer as my 2(x)ist boxer briefs.

But, Clay, I am proud of you for saying it out loud and in public. It feels good, doesn't it? I'm sure Lance Bass can give you a few pointers. And now you can continue soliciting gay sex online without fear of persecution.... Well, on second thought, maybe you should lay off the online sex for a little while. Just a little while.

Remember when Clay's cover of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" made me cry? Remember?!:

[Thanks to Michael Karo and Marisela Orta for alerting me to this.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Quin Browne Said,

    wait. clay is gay? no way... i mean, my gaydar is perfect. next thing i know, you'll be telling me you and peter are gay.


  2. THIS version of Bridge by Johnny Cash and Fiona Apple is a true tear-jerker. Fiona comes in at 1:45 and the two voices compliment each other so beautifully.


  3. I figured that out when he kept up with his eyebrow plucking.


  4. This would have been news, like, two years ago. Now? It's more like stating the obvious--I'm surprised the cover doesn't have "Duh!" in parentheses at the end of the headline.

    And I must agree with Mr. Valentino--that version of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Johnny Cash & Finona Apple is heartbreakingly beautiful. Makes me cry every time.


  5. Yes, I know that Johnny Cash cover, and you're right. It's pretty great, as is the entire American series. All hail Rick Rubin!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date