Mall Squatters

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, September 19, 2008
Anyone who knows me knows that I love malls—indoor, outdoor, strip. While I recognize the fact that malls can represent the most pathetic corners of consumer culture, I think their blatant excess can equally stand for America's conquest of grand hopes and dreams. Seriously.

So I read with great interest an epic article about a couple who secretly lived inside a Rhode Island super mall. For four years.

Read the entire article here.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Madley Said,

    What a great story -- reminds me of the 1980s "Mannequin" and "Scenes from a Mall" -- matter of fact, I've had a many a good time ;) when I worked in the corporate offices of Saks Fifth Avenue on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan... ahahha those were the days.

    Now I can't stand the things... though I can deal a little bit with The Grove and The Americana (does anyone really LIVE in those condos?) Geez, I'm such an awful retail gal, I can barely stand Trader Joes... I'm a wimp, I know.


  2. Oh, you forgot Career Opportunities--Frank Whaley and Jennifer Connelly hang out in a Target overnight!


  3. did you see the reference to my cousin the third to last paragraph?


  4. Ha ha ha! Your cousin is funny!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date