Unsung Movies: "The Fall"

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Holy fuck, you guys, guess what was released on DVD yesterday? The Fall (2008)!

I've written about this movie before, and I'm writing about it again because it still remains my favorite film of 2008 so far. Not only does it thrill with its visually stunning blend of adventure and fantasy, it moves you with its more grounded parallel narrative about a paralyzed stuntman who spins a tall tale for a small Romanian girl in a Los Angeles hospital. As if that weren't enough to keep you occupied, the film is thematically rich—exploring the art (and artifice) of storytelling; speaking to the power of creativity to heal (and to hurt); and examining how real (and imagined) memories can serve to inspire (and destroy).

On a side note, Lee Pace, why must you be so goddamn hot?

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

6 Comments

  1. ashley Said,

    I bought it yesterday! I don't usually buy movies in Blu Ray, but this one, was a must in blu ray.

     


  2. Isaac Hale Said,

    This movie is fantastic! I loved it so much!

     

  3. OMG, Isaac, you're alive! How's it going? How's school? Facebook me with the update!

     

  4. Just saw The Fall and also, surprise, loved it. I am going to find that little girl and kidnap her.

     

  5. Themaykazine, I'm glad you dug it. And, yes, that girl is one of the cutest kids in the world!!!!!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date