Vagina Vs. Vagina

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, September 11, 2008
I've never seen The Vagina Monologues. I mean, c'mon, it's called THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES—why would I? So, a question for the ladies: should I see The Vagina Monologues on DVD? Will I have any appreciation of it at all? Or will I hide my eyes in horror?

I've been thinking about Eve Ensler because she too has jumped on the oh-so-fun, kick-Sarah-Palin-in-the-nuts bandwagon, a ride I am certainly enjoying. But Ensler manages to brilliantly raise the rhetoric to the level of chilling metaphor: check out her piece, "Drill, Drill, Drill."

As a kind of counterpoint, I also stumbled across an essay by Camille Paglia, who defends Sarah Palin as a neo-feminist! Lest you think Paglia is a complete whackjob (I think the jury is still out), she does manage to explain Palin's popularity and use it as a sort of wake up call to Democrats to get their act together: check out "Fresh Blood for the Vampire."

The Ensler piece is sure to inspire, as the Paglia piece is meant to provoke.

And, no, this post is not to serve the majority of this blog's readership—women—'cuz you ladies can sniff pandering a mile away (see: Republican VP nominee). This post uses the word "vagina" a lot, which will undoubtedly draw much traffic from Google searches.... Hi, pervs!

By the way, I agree that it's not right for Obama to suggest that Sarah Palin is a pig. It's evident that he should've called her a FUCKING WHORE.

[Thanks to Louise Larsen for sending me the Eve Ensler piece.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

4 Comments

  1. k. crow Said,

    I have developed a one question quiz to help you determine whether you should you watch the Vagina Monologues on DVD.

    Prince, how do you feel about the term, "Coochie Snorcher?"

    a) How dare you put that vile phrase on my blog comments.

    b) No answer because you are hiding in your bed, clutching a body pillow and crying at the mere reference to a vagina.

    c) It gets me thinking about the kind of woman that would refer to her vagina as such, but if I ever hear it again it will be too soon.

    d) OMG. It's hilarious.

    e) Sounds delicious.

     

  2. Ha ha ha ha! I think I reacted with a combination of B, C, and D. Seriously. So what say you. And do I have to watch it with friends, a kind of support system?

    Maybe I'll record myself watching The Vagina Monologues. Wouldn't THAT be entertaining?

     

  3. k. crow Said,

    Based on your answer, I have come up with the ideal viewing situation.

    You should watch the Vagina Monologues, but you'll only need to see it once.

    Your ideal viewing companions include a sexually repressed straight woman and that smart friend you use as a cheap therapist. In case of an emergency, this may be the same person and may be either real or imaginary.

    A meal should accompany the viewing. May I suggest serving penis pasta in a thick alfredo gravy. Wash it down with Tang. (Not of the poon variety, there's enough discussion of that on the DVD). Kettle corn would do for a sweet and salty, but less ironic substitute.

    Kleenex box count= 0. Your sexually repressed friend has either learned to grin and bear it or has worn long sleeves for the occasion.

     

  4. This is hilarious!

    But I almost had a nervous breakdown at the mention of Poon Tang.

    WHAT?!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date