I'm Gradu-Dancin' in Anticipation

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, October 08, 2008
First of all, let me warn you that my posts about High School Musical will be close to—if not totally—relentless in the coming weeks in anticipation and in the wake of the premiere of High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin', which hits U.S. theaters October 24, 2008. Secondly, I am refusing to refer to the movie as High School Musical 3: Senior Year (its actual title) because one of the original working titles, High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin', is about 300 degrees of FABULOUS. Thirdly, when sending me e-mails or leaving comments about said film, you must always call it High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin' or, simply (and hip-ly), HSM3: Gradu-Dancin' or I will pretend to not know what you're talking about.

As the countdown to the premiere is underway, it's not too early to give you a heads-up about what's expected of you near the end of this month. As you know, my posts on the High School Musical franchise (see right-hand column for handy links) have reached legendary status: they've collectively received more than 2,000 comments from mostly angry tweens worldwide; been linked to on a bunch of other blogs, boards, USA Today, and Fark; got talked about on KROQ; snagged me some paid writing work; became the centerpiece of my last Jukebox Stories show; and quadrupled this blog's readership. But now I will no longer have the support and promotion of AOL because the QueerSighted blog where this "High School Musical is gay" phenomenon all began died a horrible death (though a few mysterious, inexplicable, inconsequential posts have popped up over the last few days), which means my inevitable and greatly anticipated article on the gayness of High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin' will languish in relative obscurity.

Here's where you will eventually come in. When that official HSM3 post goes live in a couple of weeks (probably October 25 or 26), all of you who are so inclined to my cause (yeah, I'm not sure what that "cause" is either) are encouraged to link to it on your own blog, pass it around via e-mail, and put it on discussion boards, Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Facebook, MySpace, and every social networking site known to man. It's my goal to at least come close to the hysteria that was created on AOL. For what reason? Well, there is no reason, really, other than my shallow desire to make it so.

You realize how amazing High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin' will be, right? You saw this amazing trailer, right?:

All I know is that, when I'm in the theater and Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens sing to each other in spotlight in the gym, I will cry. Some of you have expressed interest in watching me cry. Well...keep posted.

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Peter Varvel Said,

    Gradu-dancing is so gay!
    You're an even bigger pervert than you were before.
    Will you give me your number?


  2. In two weeks time, this entire nation will be gradu-dancin'. Just you wait.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date