Hottie Levi Johnston, Sarah Palin's daughter's baby daddy, has spoken to the press, despite the McCain campaign's advice to him to avoid the media. Some highlights:
* "They're not telling me anything right now," Johnston said as he checked his Blackberry. "It's pretty chill."
* Johnston has dropped out of high school to take a job on the North Slope oil fields as an apprentice electrician.... There's no word on how his future mother-in-law feels about Johnston's decision to drop out of high school. Last year, she made a point of trying to turn around the high dropout rate in their hometown.
* Johnston hinted he's expecting a boy, but he declined to discuss baby names.... "I'm looking forward to having him," he said. "I'm going to take him hunting and fishing. He'll be everywhere with me."
* Last July on a caribou hunt he lost a "promise" ring that Palin had given him. He said he decided to tattoo her name on the finger and not bother with more rings because he'd just lose them anyway.
* It was a whirlwind experience for Johnston, who was seated with the Palins at the Republican National Convention.... "At first, I was nervous," he said. "Then I was like, 'Whatever.'"
* The young man said he wasn't an expert on politics by any stretch. Asked about Barack Obama, he replied: "I don't know anything about him. He seems like a good guy. I like him."
* Johnston didn't register in time to vote, according to the Mat-Su Division of Elections Office in Wasilla. But he's still rooting for John McCain and Sarah Palin.
[Read the entire article here.]