Robbie Williams Goes Nanners

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Ewan and I just spent an unwarranted amount of late-night time chatting online about whether or not a German newspaper article with the headline "Robbie Williams Was at UFO Camp to Write New Album" is real or not.

PRINCE: Would you like to discuss Robbie Williams and UFOs for my blog?

EWAN: Umm...is this even a real article? It's not a Deutsche version of The Onion, is it?

PRINCE: I'm reading it now, and I'm like, "Is this real?" I think this is a joke. Look at the other headlines: "Kate Moss bombarded by fleas" and "Daniel Radcliffe writes raunchy letters to 'Equus' co-star." But I don't know. Some of the stories are real.

EWAN: Let's not give it any attention

PRINCE: Wait! Google News spits out other reliable sources!

The article in question reports:

Robbie Williams, who has claimed to have had encounters of the extraterrestrial kind, has reportedly spent two weeks at a UFO camp in Washington to write songs for his new album. The "Angels" singer arrived with video equipment in search for extraterrestrial life during a recent visit to Trout Lake.

Extraterrestrial expert Michael C. Luckman--who recently identified Robbie as an alien ambassador--told BANG Showbiz: "Robbie used the occasion as an opportunity to write several new songs about aliens. I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie may be planning an alien album...."

The expert has now invited the 34-year-old singer to prepare for alien contact by being connected to a special brainwave machine....

Luckman recently claimed Robbie is a "point man" for extraterrestrials and will soon start a new religion in their honour.

Like I said, other news outlets have picked up the story, and I wonder if it's all part of an elaborate hoax perpetrated by Williams himself. After all, he loves to bait the press. For example, the best Robbie Williams quote ever is when he claimed that he would have sex with a man "to save a rabbit's life.... I would be prepared to bed a member of the same sex to save my own skin or that of a furry animal.... I wouldn't enjoy it but I could do it under pain of death, or if it meant saving a baby bunny from being burned alive."

Ewan and I agree that one of Robbie Williams's best songs is "Supreme," which slyly lifts from "I Will Survive" to drive home its disco point:



[Read the entire article here.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

0 Comments



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date