Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, November 05, 2008

[Andrew Dunn, 18, from Arizona (a student at NYU) crowd-surfs in New York City's Union Square while celebrating the news of Obama's victory. Photo by Aaron Lee Fineman.]

Aaron just posted a really buoyant collection of photos he shot in New York after Barack Obama's victory was announced. People were dancing in the streets, playing instruments, crowd-surfing. He started in Union Square, then moved to St. Mark's Place, and describes the outdoor celebration as an "MTV-style dance party." I find these pics to be unusually moving and joyous. Check them out.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Thanks Prince,
    You know, I never thought I would ever witness New Yorkers dancing in the streets. Now, if only I could stop singing "dancing in the streets to myself today" fyi, it's a version by the Grateful Dead that's in my head.
    On a side note, more surprising was to hear so many liberals break singing our national anthem and America the beautiful on the streets last night. It's been years, but I am proud to be an American (again).


  2. Hey, Aaron, people keep telling me that they dig your photos. (They're just shy on my blog.) Just thought you'd like to know.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date