Macy's Parade Gets Rickrolled

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, November 28, 2008
The phenomenon of Rickrolling reached its logical conclusion at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade yesterday when a happy, dancing, singing float got interrupted by an appearance by none other than Mr. Rick Astley himself, lip-syncing horribly to "Never Gonna Give You Up" with ironic glee. Watch:

The viral prank has now officially painted itself into a corner with nowhere else to go but down and out. Goodbye, Rick Astley; hello, Barry Manilow.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Anonymous Said,

    He used to look so good!! I barely recognize him!


  2. Ah, time gets us all!


  3. Maicle Said,

    His lip-syncing wasn't THAT bad.


  4. Maicle, I have very high lip-syncing standards. After all, all my friends are performing drag queens. :)


  5. Ewan Said,

    For a pasty Brit, he actually looks okay.


  6. Stephanie Said,

    For once in my life I was actually relieved that it was Rickroll. I mean, who wants to hear Bloo sing an entire song about his best friend? That would have been annoying. WTG Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Great show.


  7. I can't remember. Did I have a crush on Rick Astley when I was younger?


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date