New Contest for SoCal Residents! Write a Photo Caption, and Win a Pair of Theater Tickets!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, November 25, 2008
When notice of Ken Roht's 99 Cent Only Calendar Girl Competition, an R&B beauty pageant/theater extravaganza in which the audience picks the winner every night, landed in my inbox, I had to find out more because the show seems like the kind of theatrical reinvention of which I'm so fond (that's what Jukebox Stories is all about, after all). I mean, c'mon!, it features "elaborate costumes and sets composed entirely of items from the 99 Cent Only Store."

Well, it turns out that the producers of the show, which runs December 4 through 21 at Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles, are offering Bamboo Nation readers a chance to win free tickets! I have two pairs of tickets (that's a $50 value for each pair!) to give away. Winners may attend any performance, except for December 6.

All you have to do is write a caption for the photo below. Anyone in Southern California can enter. Leave your caption in the comments section. If you're not a Blogger member, you can comment anonymously and leave your first name or last name or your initials; when I announce the winner, you'll know if you won and all you have to do is e-mail me. My two favorite captions will win the tickets, and I'll also post a few of my favorite entries next week. Deadline for captions/entries is Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:59PM.

For more information on the show, go to the 99 Cent Only Calendar Girl Competition website.

Caption This:
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

18 Comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    My diaper is a Little Baggie.

     

  2. Anonymous Said,

    Cash and Carry Me.

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    Curl up and Dye.

     

  4. Anonymous Said,

    Port-a-potty.

     

  5. Anonymous Said,

    Thanksgiving Special: $.99 a Pound!

     

  6. Anonymous Said,

    I prefer paper, thanks.

     

  7. Anonymous Said,

    New from Gerberbabies, China. . . toddlerheads.

     

  8. nck Said,

    Recession giveaway! Baby girl with every purchase!

     

  9. Okay I don't live in LA so I'm not going to attempt a caption, but could you just mail me the baby? Thanks.

     

  10. Howard Ho Said,

    The Babies 'R Us Adoption Agency presents the hot new way to shop and adopt... Baby-To-Go!

     

  11. Fuck strollers. Fuck REI baby backback. Fuck baby slings. We're new school. Plastic bags biatches!

     

  12. Anonymous Said,

    Happy Harroween! :-)

     

  13. Quin Browne Said,

    BOGOF


    or


    Pizza? I thought you said pick up a little Asian!

     

  14. You know I don't live in SoCal but;

    Chinese adoptions have gotten out of hand as is evident by the speed and lackadaisical delivery of the babies to their new parents.

     

  15. Anonymous Said,

    Want to sample a Little Asian?

     

  16. Jen Said,

    Yet another reason for eco-friendly grocery bags.

     

  17. Phil Said,

    Count me in! I live in LA and would LOVE to see this show! Here's my entry...

    In these troubled times, even the fabled Stork has had to accept advertising sponsors for his baby deliveries.

     

  18. I love children, but I can never finish a whole one.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date