Okay, I Believe You

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Loren's very cautious about talking up Fox Searchlight films in this household because he'll typically be greeted with looks of suspicion and accusations of shilling for his company. But he'll speak up when the spirit moves him, and his last three endorsements (Once, Sunshine, and Juno) ended up on my favorite films list of 2007.

Well, he can't stop talking about the yet-to-be-released Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, who helmed Shallow Grave (post-Hitchcock nastiness!), Trainspotting (Ewan McGregor's penis!), 28 Days Later (those motherfucking zombies run!), Millions (a criminally under-seen charmer), and the aforementioned Sunshine (who knew death could look so beautiful?!). Danny Boyle's stable of writers include John Hodge, Alex Garland, and Frank Cottrell Boyce.

Here's the trailer for Slumdog Millionaire:

I actually have refused to watch that trailer because I'm trying to weasel my way into an advance screening and I don't want to know too much more about it.

But I simply had to watch the promo spots that Loren made (and that Danny Boyle loved!), especially the one that's on the IMDb hompage today! It's the one titled: "Slumdog Millionaire"/"Danny Boyle." Cool, right?

(If it's not on the home page anymore, then click on this link.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. LAP Said,

    I can't watch this whilst at work, but I love the movie Millions. Love it love it love it.


  2. Yes, Millions made me cry and cry! But do watch Loren's video when you get home. :)


  3. LAP Said,

    It looks lovely, and full of buoyant job just like the quotations said.

    I see whatever you say is good anyway, because you have excellent taste.


  4. I heard something about this new film on NPR, (I think) recently -- and, yes, I can't WAIT to see this one. It looks 100% gobsmacking, fantabulous!


  5. Saw last night. Great, great, great. Full post later.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date